Our firm built its reputation in the trademark and unfair competition field long before other general practice firms recognized the value of intellectual property. We secured the first federal registration of the COCA-COLA mark in the early part of the 20th century, and later persuaded the Supreme Court to rule in the company’s favor in Coca-Cola Co. v. Koke Co. of America, 254 U.S. 143 (1920). We also assisted in the cultivation of trademark-based rights in the distinctive contoured COCA-COLA bottle, which is now one of the most famous trade dresses in the world. We have steadily built upon this tradition and today have an extensive and widely recognized domestic and international trademark practice.
We understand the value of trademarks and work hard to help our clients secure them, protect them and maximize their value. Our experience, vast resources and proactive approach enable us to streamline the process of protecting our clients’ most valuable assets.
Whether a client requires complete brand strategy services, or turns to us only when the situation demands, we offer comprehensive domestic and international services that include a number of specialty areas:
- Trademark selection, clearance and prosecution
- Trademark licensing
- Advertising and promotion law
- Trademark and trade dress litigation
- Ex parte and inter partes litigation in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and before other registries around the world
- Internet litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Anti-counterfeiting and gray market strategies