Brent Brougher pursues insurance coverage on behalf of policyholders in complex, high-profile matters in jurisdictions across the country. Mr. Brougher has an extensive background in this area, and in other commercial litigation and arbitration. He is the Co-Team Leader of the firm’s Insurance Coverage practice.
Mr. Brougher’s primary client emphasis is on insured businesses. He represents clients in lawsuits and ADR proceedings seeking insurance recovery on various lines of business, including commercial general liability policies, excess policies, directors and officers policies, errors and omissions policies, and other property, liability, employee, disability and insurance policies. Mr. Brougher’s clients are located throughout the United States, and he has handled matters in every geographic region in the U.S. and abroad.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Brougher was a partner resident in San Francisco with a national, San Francisco-based firm, where he served as Office Chair of the Recruitment Committee. He was named a 2008 Georgia "Rising Star" in the area of Business Litigation by SuperLawyers magazine and is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell*.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure’s standards and policies.
Professional & Community Activities
Hastings Law Journal, Former Member
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (1993)
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., Political Science (1990)
- Georgia (2003)
- California (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit