Brian Corgan is head of the firm's Construction & Infrastructure Projects team and concentrates his practice in construction contracts, litigation, and alternative disputes resolution. Mr. Corgan has handled construction disputes involving nuclear and coal-fired power plants, cement plants, international airport runway construction, prisons and correctional facilities, cogeneration (power, cement and lime) plants, off-shore oil production, storage and offloading facilities, wastewater treatment plants, environmental remediation and closure projects, mining facilities, meat processing facilities, steel mills, oil refineries, hospitals, convention centers, and a variety of other commercial and industrial construction projects.
Since 1979, Mr. Corgan's practice has focused on the representation of owners, construction managers and contractors on large industrial and commercial projects. His clients range from owners to engineering and materials testing firms, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, and design professionals. He has been involved in arbitrations, mediations, and state and federal court trials, and international adjudications.
Mr. Corgan's practice has focused on the representation of owners, construction managers and contractors on large projects such as:
- A massive copper mining and electrowinning facility;
- A $2.4 billion off-shore oil production, storage, and off loading facility in the South China Sea;
- The design and construction of a large cement/power/lime cogeneration facility;
- The design and construction of large cement plants;
- The design and construction of numerous nuclear and coal-fired power plants;
- Construction of large multi-use convention centers;
- Construction of chemical and petrochemical facilities;
- Construction of oil refineries and related expansions;
- The design and construction of large, complex aquariums; and
- Numerous design-build and EPC projects including beef processing facilities, cogeneration and power plants, prisons and correctional facilities, convention centers, research facilities, and environmental remediation and closure projects.
Mr. Corgan was recognized in 2009, 2011 and 2012 by the prestigious Legal 500 US in the area of Construction Law, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers for 2009, The International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers for 2010 and 2011, and Corporate Counsel's Top Lawyers for 2011. He was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Construction Law in 2013 and each of the five years immediately preceding. He is also listed in the 2009 and 2010 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Construction Law and he is listed as #1 in the 2011 and 2012 editions. Mr. Corgan has been recognized as a Top 100 Georgia "Super Lawyer" and was named a Georgia "Super Lawyer" in the area of Construction/Surety and in 2013 and the six years immediately preceding by SuperLawyers magazine. He is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure's standards and policies.
Professional & Community Activities
Tulane Law Review, Former Notes Editor
Director, Board of Directors: Chris Kids, 2002 — 2006
Director, Chris Kids Properties Board, 2007 — 2012
Committee Member, Blessed Trinity High School Advisory Committee, 2007 — 2008
Committee Member, Blessed Trinity High School Facilities Committee, 2007 — 2008
Post-Katrina Legal Assistance Program (Atlanta), October 2005
Good of the Gulf Legal Program (New Orleans), December 2007